Friday, May 30, 2008

Dream This


Sometimes I dream this

never surprised at the characters I meet
who are also dreaming this.
Just be careful
if you get too close to this state.
The public loves to declare
you have disappeared, need medication or
there is a problem with addiction;
never truly guessing you might have done it to yourself
on purpose.



Instead, someone is called in to write a report or documentary,
making you look like more of a study.
Since no one ever truly listened
I suppose this is why we turn to dreaming.
Dreaming is a way to listen to yourself.
It's a "safe" way to contemplate doing-away with yourself.
I sometimes dream I am hanging myself
or throwing myself into traffic.
The more violent dreams you know, I've outgrown and put aside
(I am talking about the dreams of letting-blood).
Yes, you can outgrow these things!
Yet I'm amazed I made it this far!

The challenge is to keep my mind and my eyes open.
I was lucky to have teachers who taught me how
using the arts, painting, writing, poetry and music
are ways to give myself an excuse from violent ends.
But I worry about the girls who are missing,
some too young to know what happened,
they become victims of another's sordid dreams,
simply I'm sure, because nobody bothered to listen.

No comments: