Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Make-Up Sex

Make-Up Sex

I know myself.
I believe and understand
I'm effective
in what I do;
and I'm sorry...

I must have hurt you.

What can I do,
how must I change,
what adjustments can I make
to make things better
for us?

I trust
we're gonna come through
the other side of this...
Even if it means
taking time-outs
so you can feel your feelings
work through your stuff
and I can work on mine.


We don't have to process
every fuckin word or feeling

We both understand
we are co-creating.

Sometimes all it takes
is a smile, a joke, a little laughter,
a touch, a hug.
There's no need here
for us to stand around
insulting one another's intelligence
as if we're doing someone
a favor.

I would much rather give you
some space
so you can get clear;
that doesn't mean
I don't want you here.
If anything
let's trust, no matter what happens
you know I care
I know you care

I will keep attending to you
loving you
however it works best,
and I trust you in doing
the same

Nothing is static
in love.
There are
no absolutes
when it comes to all
the possibilities, potentials,
opportunities we have together,
to continue to create.

Love, like sex,
is alive
and breathing!

Forget about the old rules,
the traditions that would
hold us to something else,
when we have these
precious moments

breathing,
living

No comments: